University Leadership Initiative
Urgent DREAM Act Call-in Campaign
This week, US Senators will vote on the DREAM Act! If we want to make this dream a reality, we need YOUR help!
Call Your Senators on October 23rd & 24th & tell them you support the DREAM Act!
Our youth need your help! Please continue to call until the vote happens!
Texas DREAM supporters should call:
- Senator Cornyn at (202) 224-2934
- Senator Hutchison at (202) 224-5922
Anti-immigrant/anti-DREAM Act callers continue to flood senators' offices. Let's show that our numbers are NOT just in the rallies and take our action a step further!
What to say when you call:
My name is __________, I am calling from ____________(city, Texas) and would like to urge Senator (name of Senator) to vote in favor of the DREAM Act.
What would the DREAM Act do?
The DREAM Act is a bicameral, bipartisan proposal at the federal level that would provide a path to legalization to youth who were:
- brought to the US before they were 16 years of age
- have lived in the US 5 years prior to the enactment of the law
- have stayed out of trouble
- have graduated from a US high and
- have been accepted or are attending a US university OR join the U.S. Military for 2 years
Please call every day until the vote happens.
Courtesy of: Julieta Garibay / Youth Coalition